I have craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener. works with button inside door b...

i have craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener. works with button inside door but will not work with remote, can you help
mac

Sponsored Links
Garagerepairguy avatar
5 years ago #2
Garagerepairguy
Bronze Member
Blogs: 0
Forum: 51
Votes: 0

Just try to sync it up. Push the learn button on the back of the opener. The little light next to the button should light up. At that point you have 30 seconds to program your remote. Just push the button on the remote and if the light blinks twice or the unit clicks twice you are set. Let us know if that didn't work and I can guide you to some other steps.

4 years ago #3
Help Please

Hello,

I have been trying to link up my craftsman 1/2 HP garage opener with a craftsman remote, however after clicking the learn button on the garage door opener and then holding the button on the remote nothing happens.

Sponsored Links
pipol avatar
4 years ago #4
pipol
Champion
Blogs: 5
Forum: 1,262
Votes: 9

Is this a new remote? If not check the battery first. If it's new you can also check if the battery is working. It might be that the remote and the opener are working in different frequencies. Check the opener's required frequency and check the remote's frequency.

By entering this site you declare you read and agreed to its Terms, Rules & Privacy and you understand that your use of the site's content is made at your own risk and responsibility. Copyright © 2006 - 2018 DIY Forums